IF THIS IS AN EMERGENCY, CALL 9-1-1
For NON-EMERGENCY Dispatch: (775) 353-2231
For FRONT DESK Police Assistant: (775) 353-2248
Please confirm the following:
- Is this an Emergency?
- Did this incident occur outside the Sparks Police Department City limits?
- Is this a vehicle burglary or theft with a loss greater than $5,000.00?
If you answered NO to all of the above questions, you are ready to file your report online. If you answered YES to any of the questions, you cannot use the online reporting process to file a report online. If you answered yes to any of the questions please look at our Online Citizen Police Report Frequently Asked Questions section below to determine which option is best for you.
Make sure you have all the information you need to submit your report
- Yourself: Who is reporting (victim or reporting person’s identity)
- Incident: When and where it happened and your detailed description of the event
- Persons: Who are witnesses (optional) or other victims
- Vehicle: What vehicle was involved in the incident (optional)
- Property: What was lost, stolen, or damaged
Reporting an Incident
Using the Sparks Police Department Online Reporting System, you can report the following incidents. Select an incident type to get started:
- Abandoned Vehicle or Parking Issue
- Check Fraud
- Credit Card Fraud
- Defrauding an Innkeeper
- Destruction of Property
- Disturbing the Peace
- Identity Theft
- Lost Property
- Suspicious Circumstances
- Vandalism (Non-Vehicle)
- Vehicle Burglary
- Vehicle Vandalism
- Violations of Governor’s Order – Not to Operate Non-Essential Business
- Witness Statement
If you do not see a report type for your situation or if you have further information or questions regarding your report, please call the Sparks Police Department at (775) 353-2248 and a Police Assistant will assist you.
When a police officer is summoned to your residence, business, or location, a determination will be made at that time if a report is to be filed. If a report is taken, you will be given a case number. This number will be your referral number if you need to request a copy of the report for insurance purposes or if you need to check the progress of the investigation on your case.
You may also come into the Front Desk of the Sparks Police Department to file your report. The Front Desk is staffed by Police Assistants with main hours of operation 8am to 6pm Monday thru Friday, 8AM to 4PM on Saturday, Closed on Sundays and Holidays. If you have an urgent issue and it is after the normal Front Desk hours, an officer will be made available to you.
Phone reports are also available through our Front Desk Police Assistants during the hours listed above.
Make sure online reporting is right for your incident. There are some situations where a Police Officer or Police Assistant should take the report. To serve you better in these circumstances, we would like to send out a representative to meet with you to take the report, or you may come to the Front Desk at 1701 E. Prater Way, Sparks, NV.
Upon completion of this report process you will:
- See the words: “Your report has been submitted” showing that your report is complete.
- Be given a case number.
- Be able to print a copy of what was reported to keep for your records.
- All cases filed online will be reviewed.
- Upon review, you may be contacted if further investigation of your case is needed.
- Filing a false police report is a crime.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I have audio, video, photos or documents related to my case?
You may be provided a link via email or text to upload audio, video or photo evidence files related to your case. The maximum file upload size is 2GB in the following formats only:
- Document file formats: PDF
- Video file formats: DIVX, TS, 3GP, ASF, AVI, FLV, MOV, MP4, RM, VOB, WMV, F4V, MPG
- Image file formats: JPEG, JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP
- Audio file formats: MP3, WAV, .M4A
What do I do if online incident reporting is not right for me?
If your incident is an emergency, call 911. If non-emergency call (775) 353-2231.
What if this happened in another city can I file a report using this online police citizen reporting system?
No, If a crime took place outside of the City of Sparks Police Department please call the police department for that city.
What if this happened on a state Freeway?
If this took place on a state Freeway please call the Highway Patrol Office nearest you.
What is a known suspect?
A known suspect is when you or someone else knows the person or where to find the person who committed the crime or the license plate number of the vehicle the suspect(s) were in.